Sunday, April 09, 2006



It's here, it's installed and it works darn fine. As you can see, my dishwasher is bright and shiny. I did some web searching and decided on a Boesch stainless steel tub. It's wonderful and such a difference compared to my old dishwasher. It has a silencer and its tub is much deeper than the old.

The other pic was taken on our walk last night. As we were walking along I noticed something colorful inside a fence along the walking path. I leaned over and low and behold, each fence post had a small birdhouse (or ornamental). They were so cute, I just had to snap.

Now, here's a funny. Yesterday on the way to pick up the dishwasher, we decided to stop and get a Timmies for the road. (trying to get more than a coffee or a cookie on the roll up the rim, of course). As we came around the corner, I said to DH, oh, look, can you believe it no cars in the drivethrough? As we drove into Timmie's lot, we noticed why....they were washing the concrete and had blocked it off. LOL That has to be the first time I have seen a Timmie's in the middle of the afternoon with no cars overflowing to the street.

5 comments:

islandarts said...

Our Timmies isn't handing out RUTR cups anymore!! Can you beleive this time around I only managed to win ONE stinkin' coffee??????? I feel so ripped. But at least you get the coffee in the cup to appease your displeasure.

Love the dishwasher (sooo jealous!) I also totally LOVE the photo!! Have you tried Picasa for sorting your photos?? I'm using it right now and I totally love it. You can even post photos to your blog directly from that program as well as email them to friends, edit them etc. It's wonderful.

islandarts said...

Oh ya and it's free!!
Here is the link:

http://picasa.google.com/

bada bing said...

I am using a 30 day free trial of Photoshop Elements and really am liking it. I think I will purchase it. Your advice? I am considering taking the online class in Elements 4 also.

S Q L Y said...

Sis, You have some fine pictures there.
I will be trying my old hand at that fine art soon.
TTFN
SQLY

islandarts said...

I've used Elements before, very cool for doing graphics and photo editing. I currently use Photoshop CS which i LOVE. Elements is an affordable alternative for sure. Definitely take that tutorial, you'll be a whiz in no time.

Picasa is still the perfect compliment to Elements because your work in elements will show up in there so you can sort and view your files. I'm telling you- it's a wonderful program.
Do I sound like an advertisement yet???