Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Survey

I'm doing a survey....during your painting experiences, what did you do with your plug in covers, lightswitch covers, door bell cover, etc. Did you leave them white or did you paint them the wall color. Would you believe that it's something I never took notice of. In the past, I guess I have done both but was wondering what you guys did.

I'm really getting into these days off...it's nice to get up, go to the gym, sit around and then attempt to do something useful. I'm sure that will eventually wear off though. I managed to get the damn wallpaper border off the feature wall yesterday. John heard that drywall mud works well....it doesn't...maybe you have to thin it out more. Whatever, it was more of a pain that an aid. The wet sponge worked better and then I had to clean up the damn drywall mud. Live and learn, I guess. Today, I have to patch a few nail holes, do some masking and then I think I am ready to put a coat of paint on the feature walls. My arms are already feeling like mush so I can't imagine what they would feel like if I wasn't half a$$ in shape.

On another subject, I splurged on myself and bought my birthday/christmas present. I went and bought a 21 widescreen monitor. It rocks. Now I can do the photoediting without having to get on top of the screen.

Well, hope you are all having fun, I know I am...let me know about the survey.

4 comments:

S Q L Y said...

I think the color of the plates depends on if the wall has a nuetral color or a stonger shade - I haven't had much problem with that as our walls are off white.
I think I would paint them if I was going with a deeper wall color.
Now to see if this blog will accept my comment

islandarts said...

I wouldn't paint the plates on the light switches because latex paint will eventually chip off and look like hell. If you are spray painting them... maybe, but not likely.
I have a 19 inch flat screen and LOVE it, all others PALE in comparison!!

islandarts said...

to get wall paper off the best use lots of hot water mixed with fabric softener. even then, it's a headache.

FitGirl said...

wall paper is just a mess (period).
I'm glad you managed to remove it though! That's a plus! What color will the walls be?
(PS... I would NOT paint the plates... it's easier to paint the walls if the plates are removed, then once you replace them, the walls look AMAZING! That was my experience painting my condo when I moved in!)

Glad you are enjoying your time off work :)