Saturday, August 26, 2006


Well, here I am with a new post. Bout time you say....well, I just enjoy reading all of yours too much and then it's time to go....Yada, yada, yada you say!

Besides all the normal humdrum daily activities, like working, I've been following an online "free" weight loss site which was put together by ...well, you need to go there and read about it and why it's free (too much info to put in here, but it's quite interesting). It is a really neat site and it has many, many areas to it, including recipes, fitness and calorie counting with a database that is the best one I have seen. I have managed to lose 4.5 lbs and I'm pretty happy about that! There is a forum area too and I have joined a group called Shutterbugs and we do a weekly photo challenge. The site is growing like mad. I just noticed it advertised on msn and checked it out one day and was so surprised. The site's url is www.sparkpeople.com and really, I wouldn't bs you....it is free and no, I do not work for them but I am totally enjoying the site. Actually, Suz, you will be pleased to know that they have a sister site which is also absolutely free called babyfit.com which has the same type of format but for pregnant mothers etc. I don't think I will join that site (ha, ha) but I'm sure it would be fun too.

Actually, if you look down, way down on my blog you will see the link to sparkspeople, I would be interested to hear your comments and like I said, don't forget to read the history of the company. Yes, it actually is a company.

Well, time for a walk, talk to ya all soon.

2 comments:

islandarts said...

I've been a member of Sparkpeople for awhile. Suz told me about it and I get their weekly emails (where most of my words of wednesday come from...) but I haven't made proper use of the website... shame on me!!
I never did get a moment to set up that badge for you...
Soon!!

S Q L Y said...

Sis, that is a nice photo of the blue flower on your page ...
I went to the "sparkpeople" site for a look but I think a person has to log-in to surf-it ??
bye for now