Saturday, August 05, 2006

Tagged....


I've been tagged by my dear niece to tell 5 weird/strange things about myself. Well, believe it or not, it has taken me all week to discover things that may be weird/strange. Some may not apply but...it's reading material for you anyhow.
1. I think I should have been a nurse/doctor/therapist/marriage counsellor/handyman. How come you ask? Well, any time anyone has a problem be it, a boo-boo, a headache, a marital fight, a broken dishwasher, I feel the need to fix it. I dwell on the subject till I realize that "I can't fix everything". I am not a worry wart but I have the urge to fix everything...from the photocopier at work to other people's matrimonial problems. Sometimes I have to hold myself back when someone else at work is fixing the jammed photocopier...I just want to say, "let me do it"!
2. I bought $15.00 gym socks at the running store to go in my $150.00 exercise shoes and I am in love with them(the socks and the shoes too). They were very expensive but they were so worth it. I feel about those socks like I feel about baby's skin...know the feeling?
3. I will not leave the house with eye makeup on. In the lifetime, I think I have actually appeared in public without eyemakeup (of some sort) only 10 times at the most. Oh,,,wrong....I do go to the gym at 5:30 each morning without makeup. (Those people haven't got their eyes open yet either, so it's okay, they think I look like that all the time).
4.I am a fanatic about my hair in the morning before work...I always, always look at the back and put all hairs in their proper place. I have a problem with people who don't look at the back of their hair...do they think we only see their face?
Okay, I made it to 4 and I'm stumped on 5. But I think I did pretty good.
By the way, how do you like my pic. That was me in silhouette a few years ago......LOL..........don't think so......not without a lot of airbrushing!
Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

islandarts said...

Thanks for participating!! I love it!
I'm SOOOO totally with you on the need to fix everything. Noone can do it as good as me, so let me do it!!
That is why I always feel over extended... bad habit.

FitGirl said...

Oh Aunty! The things you learn from a blog like this! I think I took after you on the eye makeup thing... I don't see why anyone wouldn't wear it!!

And I too have paid $15 for a pair of athletic socks... they are worth their weight in gold! My feet thank me for them everytime I wear them!

S Q L Y said...

I paid 16 dollars and change for a pair of HH socks - that was a few years ago too - they are suppossed to wick the moisture away from your foot and keep your feet warm at very cold temperatures... I feel they were worth it as everyone else had cold feet in their FELT sweat boots and my feet were comfy in my leather boots !!
I think we usually get what we pay for if we are careful shoppers.

S Q L Y