Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Finally, I will write a new blog

I have posted some new pics over at Flickr. They kind of indicate what I have been doing...taking pictures of flowers etc. They are under the s2 group.

We put a fire pit in the backyard in June. That was no small feat. We inlaid flat rocks around the outside and then did the pit. It is great, before we just had a stand up fireplace and decided it was time to put in a permanent one.

Check out my red lilies. They WERE beautiful until I messed with them. They are right beside the deck and one day I noticed that they were loaded with ants, so I sprayed them with a little soap and water. No results, so I went looking for the Raid...no luck but I spotted the Off bottle. Yep, I took the Off to them. I nearly killed the babies, good thing that the rain came along cause I now what faded lilies and the older ones died. Guess you're never to old to do stupid things.

Over the long weekend, we visited our home and completely cleaned out the old farm house and yard. Hubby's nephew (who now owns the farm) wanted to rent the house so the time was right so all the family gathered and cleared and cleaned. Actually a lot of the work had already been done by the sisters that live around there so it wasn't too labour intensive.

Leave your comments over on Flickr....I'll be back....

3 comments:

S Q L Y said...

According to Stan Thompson, our local Edmonton hortaculturalist on CHED Radio on Sunday mournings called "Whats up ?""-- he was commenting about aunts on flowers etc. and said there isn't much you can do except leave them alone and nourish the plant as the aunts won't hurt it unless theyre eating off the flowers around the buds. but then whats a man to do ??
Sometimes a guy just wants those little buggers to take - off eh ??

S Q L Y said...

Oh and by the way that picture of the barn on the farm is awsome, it's like out of a calender page..good going
S Q L Y

FitGirl said...

Great Pics aunty!

Love the lily! Beautiful!!!

I would love to come for a fire pit some weekend :)