Sunday, April 02, 2006

Memory Lane (title stolen from Island Artist's blog)


When I read my DN's blog this morning, it reminded me of this pic that I came across when looking for pics for my son's wedding last summer. This was from (hold your shorts) 1975 or 1976. I had been married for 2 years and we were living in this tiny 700 sq ft house with our cat of the moment. (We have managed to go through a whole lot of animals for whatever reason).

FAST FORWARD 30 years and here I am again. Hair a bit shorter, more chins, little more weight, 2 wonderful children and a dear DIL and a bigger house in another province.

WHERE DID all the time go so quickly? My brain still feels the same as in the photo from 1975 but my body keeps telling me that it's 2006.

On another subject, I am getting a new dishwasher....whooppee, just couldn't handle the not draining and having to wait for the appropriate moment to get it to drain. My handyman husband and also a paid handyman have looked at it previously and no success so yesterday we went shopping and I will soon have a brand new stainless steel tub Boesch dishwasher.

This web is amazing, I did some research and found out everything I wanted to know about dishwashers, quietness and stainless steel tubs and then found a dealer (sears is one) and went shopping. I can hardly wait (I know that's sick to be excited about cleaning) but hey, I am woman and it's what we do (cook and clean). If it was a tool, I know you men out there would be excited too! But, hey it does have a motor!

5 comments:

islandarts said...

Love the old Photo Aunty, You look soooo much like Alison there.

I'm sharing your dishwasher excitment!! I would love a new one too! I'm getting a new kitchen this summer... perhaps I can also budget for a new dishwasher!?
Oh the giddy excitment! I love tools that DO THE WORK FOR YOU!

alikat789 said...

Wow it amazed me, how i look so much like you. Just need to get skinner.
Don't think i even know that cat's name. Do you even remember? I don't recall seeing that pic in the albums at christmas either. Where u hiding it?

Anonymous said...

Wow girl! Quite the pair you have there, or is it the shirt?? Ya, Alligator looks a bit like you, but somehow not as much as I expected. That house looks familiar somehow? was it in PA??

S Q L Y said...

Memory lane land ---yessereee
where would we be without our Photo albums and now digital pics. I'm excited to use my old SLR as soon as I get a couple of days-off... oh thank hevean for the J O B ..lol
S Q L Y

FitGirl said...

You look great Aunty! Both pictures are awesome!!!

Alison really does look like you :)