Wednesday, April 19, 2006



Finally, the web is so slow lately and temperamental that I am wondering if it's my computer or the web. Seems to be the web cause it's happening both at work and home.

This is not a picture of anyone I know but it indicates what I will look like after the next 4 days. I am off on course in Calgary and then have a 4 hour exam on Sunday to finish off. Am I nuts? I am over the hill and still taking a brain challenge. Actually, it's just sometimes that my brain feels over the hill. Most of the time, it's my body that screams that I'm not 20 anymore and that I should try and act my age. This class will accredit me to register certain gov. documents online. Guess they don't want just any joe being able to play in their database. I did manage to pass Level 1 by challenging the exam. (I needed 80 to pass and got 83) wow, I was surprised....it had to be one of the most confusing, mind boggling exams that I ever wrote. Actually walked away from the 4 hour exam saying...I don't know how I did! Having one exam (without the classes) behind me should make this Level a cakewalk....NOT! I do think the classes will make me more confident in the exam. It's just that Level 1 was so basic (I thought) that I didn't see the need to pay for the classes. (not that I paying anyhow).

Here's a little observation that I would like all readers to note and comment on: Next time you're out and about and notice some drivers make a stupid move ie: weaving, pulling out too far in the turning lane, going way to slow or whatever....take note, are they on the cell phone? My observations have been that probably 80% of the bad moves that I've noticed are on the cell phone....interesting!

3 comments:

islandarts said...

Aunty, since I never talk on my cell in the car- and I have been known to weave a time or two- I will have to let you know that I'm the other 20% who are trying to drink their 'double double' and drive without spilling one precious drop.

islandarts said...

Oh and GOOD LUCK!! on the exams, you can do it!

S Q L Y said...

Well Just tonight I thought I was about to see a accident at a crosswalk here in Leduc, I hollared, Just being a idiot(for me , normal) but as it turned out the person who was going to pass on the left would have nailed 4 people and I couldn't help myself, then lo- and -behold the speeder hit his brakes and everyone was safe..
Gotta thank God and his lucky stars.