Saturday, April 29, 2006

Bird Watching

This morning whilst reading yesterday's paper with today's coffee, I noticed a headline "BC Internet eagle births expected; million flock to eagle cam". Well, anything internet and live cams interest me so I surfed on over and wow, is this amazing. A retired accountant has set up a webcam above the eagles nest and you can actually see the bird blink. It is totally awesome. These eagles have nested in his back yard for 17 years and he is not positive but he thinks that it is the same pair. The eggs are ready to hatch anyday and now with this newspaper article, the hits on the site are up to over 22 million hits over a two day period with the number of hits being well over 100 million. So, if you are interested, surf on over to the site. Sometimes it is just a black screen but noting from the forum, it's because the site just can't handle all the traffic (understandable). I had some difficulty but with a little patience (waiting for it to buffer etc) and waiting, I was able to get an excellent feed and watched for about 5 minutes. They ask that you limit your time so that other watchers get the opportunity to view also. The url is www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/wildlife. What do y'all think? By the way, this is somewhere near Victoria. I'm addicted and want to see those little birds soon.

5 comments:

FitGirl said...

All I got to see was the moter sitting on the eggs... waiting patiently, looking around. Very cool though! It will be so exciting when the eggs hatch! :)

bada bing said...

If you go to the forum, some people have captured a short video of them changing shifts. It's under pictures...beware, the forum is very slow. It will be exciting when they hatch.

islandarts said...

It wouldn't even let me on to the site!! Poo!
I've seen this before though, a work mate of mine was obsessed with an eagle came about 6 years ago and watched it all day long.

S Q L Y said...

JoAnne has been telling me about this site for a few days now so I watched this mourning but I see only 1 egg now as they're may have been a raid last night or sometime yesterday---according to the person we saw talking about it today... on TV yet !!! lots of hits hay ???
S Q L Y

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»